8 Weeks Post Op!

I can't believe it has been 8 weeks!! So crazy how time flies! So I had my 8 week post op appointment today and the surgeon is really happy with how everything is looking and there is really no issues.

I am no longer wearing any tape/bandages and I have been told I can stop wearing the compression binder when I like but to be honest I am actually more comfortable wearing it as when I have taken it off I can occasionally feel a pulling feeling so it's all about comfort at the moment.I may just wear it when I exercise but I guess I'll decide that soon.

I am also back at work now, I have been back almost two weeks and considering it is a desk job I have been exhausted since going back! Literally going to bed at 9pm and falling straight to sleep...This is probably good tho! I haven't been walking in the gym much since i've been back at work but I have just been walking 2km to the station in the morning and 2km back home in the evening...that's at least something! Still have to hold off on any crazy work outs like the classes and the weights and hope to get back into that soon!

After my check up today I also had a consultation with the dermal therapist to see what procedure we can do to help the scaring. I do have to let my skin settle for a few weeks however I have scheduled an appointment with her for some fraxel laser treatments in about 5 weeks time. Currently the scars are looking really good and have settled a lot compared to 4 weeks ago.

Basically as each week goes by it gets better and better i'll be sure to update if  anything changes and also how I go with the laser. In the meantime here is what it currently looks like...a vast improvement!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of background!

OMG the day has arrived!!

I'm Home!!!!!