I'm Home!!!!!

I am home!! So I didn't have the best sleep for my last night in hospital but it was more to do with being a little uncomfortable in the binder and finding a good position than any pain although I did have to ask for panadol at about 4am because of a headache. As far as the incision pain goes I have been taking slow release pain killers so I am actually surprised how well they are working at minimising the pain.

So last night I was able to be a bit more mobile, I am standing upright and I walked around the ward a couple of times just to keep moving. I had my last blood thinning injection last night however I still need to keep the compression socks on at home and walk around to prevent blood clots.

I had a visit from Dr Barnett's nurse, Jenny before I was discharged this morning to check on my progress and after this my final drain tube was removed. I am also super happy in the fact that I have now mastered the hook and eye clasps on my compression binder that are right in the crotch. There is nothing more awkward than having to ask someone to get right up in your crotch to unhook this thing so you can pee! (Yes the hospital nurse did have to do this the first day...hence my earlier comment about them not getting paid enough) so saying that I can pee by myself!! Whilst we are on the topic of the bathroom I will get a little more graphic and let you all know that these kind of drugs I am on make you super constipated!!! I don't mind at this stage because I have no idea how I am going to navigate the issue of wiping myself when the time comes and I'm not uncomfortable from it at the moment so I won't worry just yet. The hospital was giving me Coloxyl to try and loosen things up however no movement at this stage...I'll keep you updated hahaha!

It's good to be home in my own bed and just being in a comfortable familiar place. I am pretty swollen all over which is expected and my legs are also covered in bruises from all the injections but I would much rather have the bruises than a potential blood clot so that's the least of my worries! I am trying to get up every hour or so just for a walk around the apartment and I brought home a bag of drugs to take which include strong pain killers, anti biotics, anti inflammatory and anti nausea tablets. I have been really lucky so far with not having any nausea at all but I won't speak too soon as I know from experience that it might still come...at least the tablets are there just in case! Everyone has made this process of being discharged so much easier, there is none of the having to go into a pharmacy to get scripts filled yourself, it is all done for you so you are handed all the drugs you might possibly need as well as an invoice to pay (which you just do over the phone)and can go home and relax straight away.

You definitely need someone at home with you to help you (it was struggle enough just getting in the car to get home) but just simple things like getting in and out of bed are a bit more difficult. Luckily my mum has taken time out of her life to stay a couple of weeks to help me so I am grateful for that! I still haven't decided if this recovery is worst or better than the arm lift๐Ÿค” I know the arm lift I couldn't even get myself water out of the fridge so the jury is still out on this...I'll wait and see.

My first post op appointment is on Monday so hopefully all goes well and I don't have any issues before than, they have given me an emergency number and a list of things to look out for so as long as I read everything and follow the experts instructions I should be fine.

Until next time xxx

FYI- this is not a nappy it is a white compression garment with a lot of bandages underneath ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚



Some more pictures for your enjoyment and just in case I wasn't graphic enough I have provided a pic of what the drain looks like as well as my leg bruising from the injections๐Ÿ˜




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of background!

OMG the day has arrived!!