2 Weeks Post Op!

Time has flown! I had my 2 week post op appointment on Tuesday and everything was looked at and dressings changed. Pain wise I am doing really well and now I can actually sit in a normal chair without too many issues.

So with my post op appointment my dressings were changed from the big padded  gauze type to just the dressing tape that goes over the incision...this is so much more comfortable I assure you. I still have a patch over my belly button just to keep it clean as it does take a little longer to heal however I am changing this when I need to. The tape is left on when I shower so this is only replaced once a week or if it starts to fall off. I  was given a box of different things at my last appointment which included some of the tape, extra bandages and some soap free body wash to shower with so it's all pretty organised!

So really at the moment I'm just doing everything I'm told to try and heal as quickly as possible. Generally I wouldn't have another appointment until the 4 week post op, so another two weeks however, I did choose to go back next week just to do more of the healite therapy...not like I have anything else to do with my life atm haha! At least next week I should be able to drive so that will be better than relying on taxis!

So I am still a little swollen around the belly but that is expected and can last a little while so I'm not too concerned about it and the bruises are starting to fade away so I'm pretty much on track with my recovery so can only hope this continues. Picture update with the tape below👇


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of background!

OMG the day has arrived!!

I'm Home!!!!!