3 Weeks Post Op!

So I thought I would give you all my weekly update! I am currently 3 weeks post op and have had a few little issues come up but despite the issues looking a bit skinnier 😜



So essentially when I changed my tape on Monday I could see a little bit of a wet spot with a bit of discharge (sorry for being graphic) in the incision, I did have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday to be checked out by the surgeon so I didn't worry too much and there wasn't any pain. On Tuesday night I did notice another section of the incision swelling and becoming really red and there was a bit more pain than normal so I was glad to have an appointment the next day just in case. If anyone knows me they know I get super anxious and play every possible scenario in my head of what could happen haha!

So essentially I went to my 3 week post op appointment and everything was cleaned up and looked at. There wasn't too much of a concern however the surgeon has put me back on anti biotics just to prevent a full blown infection starting so I'm happy to know they are on top of things. I have also been given the necessary bandages/gauze/betadine to clean it up myself everyday which at least gives me something to do right?

With the anti-biotics and the cleaning of it everyday it is looking much better. I have taken a pic so you can notice a few really red spots but I'm still on track with the healing and nothing has really opened up so I'm glad. I have another appointment next week just to check on everything again but as long as I do what I'm told there hopefully shouldn't be an issue. The below is a pic without any bandages so you can see all my incisions!!!😮 Other than those few little red spots the incision line is looking really good and just have to be patient with it all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of background!

OMG the day has arrived!!

I'm Home!!!!!