7 Days Post Op!!!

OMG! I can't believe this time a week ago I had just woken up from the operation! It has been a hard week I'm not gonna lie but to be honest I thought it was going to be much worse...Hopefully I don't speak too soon because it has only been a week and complications can still happen.

So I had my first post op appointment yesterday with my surgeon and his nurse and they had a look at everything. Everything is all looking really good and all my dressing were cleaned up and changed as well as a couple of post op photos taken for their office...I know I should have taken a pic for myself to upload for you to see when I was there but I completely forgot and I was just curious to see what it all looked like under the bandages and got lost in the moment! I also did something called Healite, now this is basically just like an LED light therapy which helps the wounds heal. I don't know the exact science behind it but I did have this with my last surgical wounds and I had no healing issues last time so I will put it down as it works in my experience 😂😂😂Although not the prettiest at the moment with the blood and stitches and still some bruises (it has only been a week and it is major surgery so what do you expect really?) I could not be happier so far! I am definitely convinced I chose the right man for the job because I finally had a moment this week I was happy looking in the mirror (despite covered in bandages) which has been years since that happened and also when I look down now I can actually see my feet instead of a mass of tummy skin! Haha!

As far as my recovery, in general it keeps getting better and less painful every single day and I have cut down my pain killers quite a lot! I finished my course of anti inflammatory medication this morning and my anti biotics will be finished tomorrow. I'm still in compression socks for probably another week or so to prevent any blood clots and still trying to move every hour which is becoming easier. So everything so far is going well and I would put it down as a success at the moment...FYI from what I saw I have the cutest little new belly button now hahaha!

I have another post op appointment next Monday so they can have another look and change the dressings, do more LED light therapy etc...so hopefully if I can continue on my current route things will continue to heal and be even better. I can't imagine there will much of an update from me over the next few days unless something drastic happens but if it does I will be sure to update you all!

I think I am also looking a bit more human😝


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of background!

OMG the day has arrived!!

I'm Home!!!!!