The Day After!

Today has certainly been eventful! Basically I am still being monitored every hour and the nurses here are doing an amazing job looking after me. I  am still on IV antibiotics and blood thinning injections in the legs.

The one thing I was worried about today was the removal of the catheter and not knowing what to expect...It was nothing to be worried about at all and I have no idea why I was so paranoid about it.

The bad news of the day I almost fainted! The nurse did get me out of bed moving and I walked around a little bit however when I was going to attempt to make myself look presentable in the bathroom a rush of heat came over me and all of a sudden I could barely see because my vision was so blurry. I was pretty much blind for what felt like a solid 5 minutes (I'm sure I'm exaggerating the length of time but it felt like ages!) I was put in a wheelchair to get me back to my bed so I wouldn't completely pass out, as suspected my blood pressure was so low however I have been assured this is normal after a procedure like this.

My pain pump has been taken out and I am now just on oral pain killers and they have also added an anti-inflammatory drug into the mix. I have managed to leave the bed for the recliner so that's some progress! I got a short glimpse of my new stomach in the bathroom before I almost passed out (I'm in a compression garment so can't see any incisions)...hmmmmm come to think of it maybe because I thought I was so hot with my new body my brain just couldn't handle it🤔 hahahaha! When I am able to stand for a bit longer I will try post a pic!

My surgeon, Dr Barnett did come and check up on me also to make sure there weren't any other issues and I should have some of my drains taken out tomorrow. I did have to have a blood test to check my hemoglobin levels but luckily that all came back normal which is a relief. My blood pressure is still relatively low so I am scared as soon as I get up again the same thing will happen as this morning😩

Pain wise I haven't really had any issues and it isn't too bad, it's just hard moving around but so far I'm doing fine, I'm hoping this will be the hardest day out of all of them but I just need to wait and see!

Tomorrow is another day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of background!

OMG the day has arrived!!

I'm Home!!!!!